Sunday, November 26, 2006

It's A Heat Wave!!!

Today was awesome - 60 some degrees and sunny. The weather is so unusual, and I think I have grown accustomed to cooler weather lately. So, in true Chicago fashion, 60 degrees feels hot! I was getting some Christmas shopping done this morning, and I hurried home to change clothes and run a few miles. I was so excited to break out a pair of running shorts and a sleeveless shirt to wear outside! I pushed a little further today running a little over five miles. While extending a half mile more, I also ran at a slightly quicker pace. As of this evening my knees are feeling pretty good. Even the top of my foot isn't bothering me. I think it will be an interesting experiment to find out what it will feel like later this week when the temps drop down to a more appropriate 30 degrees. I really do think that there is a temperature variable at work, but I am not sure how to also rule out self-fulfilling prophesy...

1 Comments:

Blogger Runner Girl said...

Jenny, my name is Jenny too. I came across your blog when doing a google search for my new web page. I too am a runner and reading your blogs was a very wierd experience, it was like reading my own thoughts. Right down to the pain you talk about having had in your foot and trying to tie your shoes different and such. It is a little strange, if you were to send my friends to your page and have them read, I am sure they would be convinced it was mine. Anyways, it is nice to "meet you". Keep running. If you myspace feel free to find me at www.myspace.com/sonshine_x3 . I post a blog with a record of my weekly miles there.

March 01, 2007 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • "It is never too late to be what you might have been." ~George Eliot